Terry is a Licensed Professional Counselor. She graduated from LaSalle University with a Master’s Degree in Human Services Psychology. Terry has 20 years’ experience in providing individual therapy to adults, adolescents and children as well as providing family and couples therapies. Terry’s specialties include Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for the treatment of depression, anxiety and other mood disorders. Terry additionally has expertise in the treatment of behavioral difficulties in children and adolescents, parenting issues, and family transitions such as separation and divorce. Terry has had many years’ experience in both community mental health and private practice and is currently a psychotherapist in a private group practice in Delaware County.
PA Licensed Professional Counselor
MA, Human Services Psychology- La Salle University, Philadelphia PA
BA, Psychology; Minor Sociology – Bloomsburg University, Bloomsburg PA
March 2003 – Present
Delaware County Professional Services
- Provide psychotherapy to adults, families, adolescents and children. Specialties include Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for the treatment of depression, anxiety and other mood disorders. Additional specialties include the treatment of behavioral difficulties in children and parenting issues.
July 2000-March 2003
Program Manager/Counselor – Intensive Outpatient Program
- Responsibilities included providing services to individuals with substance abuse issues and individuals with co-occurring substance abuse and mental health disorders; facilitation of psychoeducational groups; individual counseling; treatment plan monitoring and consultations with a psychiatrist. Additional duties included case management; clinical assessment and crisis intervention/counseling.
Program Manager – Partial Hospital Program/Social Rehabilitation Program
- Responsibilities included clinical supervision of staff; individual and group counseling; crisis intervention and program development.
November 2000-November 2001
Children and Youth Outpatient Therapist
- Fee-for-service position in which primary responsibilities were to provide individual and family therapy to children and adolescents in the Student Assistance Program.
July 1999-July 2000
Therapist/Program Manager – Adolescent Residential Treatment Facility
- Primary responsibilities included providing individual, group and family therapy to adolescent males with severe emotional and behavioral problems; communicating treatment planning with school staff; assisting with the development of IEP; developing and implementing programming at the RTF; supervising line staff and case management responsibilities.
March 1995-July 1999
Partial Hospital Specialist
- Responsibilities included leading group therapy; case management; conducting psychological assessments; developing and implementing treatment plans and maintaining daily documentation of each client on caseload.